Monday, November 17, 2008

AUTOMOBILES

I never drove a car since I drove my Honda Accord into a stone fence on Riverside Drive all the way back in 1995. Yeah, I've paid the damage to the stone fence in full back in 1995 so there's no lingering problems. However, there are a number of factors that prevent me from purchasing a replacement car.
1. The Honda Accord did a sumersault first into a tree and then into a stone fence. That's a difficult thing to recover from. Thankfully, I wasn't hurt because I was wearing my seatbelt. However, it still freaks me out.
2. Either my work hours would get gutted or my employers would fire me just when I'm starting to earn a decent paycheck. The end result is always the same. Factors prevent me from being able to save up enough cash for a car.
3. I was planning to wait until my fear of driving subsides a little bit further before I attempt to purchase and drive another car.
4. With the war against Iraq and Afghanistan, gasoline prices are almost $4.00 a gallon. It would be much more sensible to wait until the war in the Middle East is either over or in the process of ending. That way, gasoline would be back to $2.00 a gallon or less---the way it should be.
I will purchase a new car eventually. I still have my drivers license active just in case. I always have hope for the future.

No comments: