Wednesday, April 4, 2012

DIG

There are five baby pine trees in the backyard that I planted (with some help by my brother Mitchel).  Actually, there were supposed to be six baby pine trees, but one of them died quickly.  It's hard to dig a hole in clay-like soil.  I would imagine that it would be just as hard for roots to grow and develop in clay-like soil also.  I still find it hard to imagin that a farm actually thrived in this cul-de-sac with so much clay-like soil below my feet.  Just planting six holes for six baby pine trees and having one out of six trees dying was a epic sized task on it's own.  I can't imagin doing it for the entire size of this cul-de-sac and beyond fully of smaller holes for corn, wheet and barely.  I'd be going mad after the first feet of hole digging and seed planting.  Once again, I'm reminded why this cul-de-sac is now a cul-de-sac and not a farm anymore.  Still, I admire the person who kept a farm going with only clay-like soil to work with and made it work for decades.  I couldn't do it, but it's amazing that somebody actually did.
While I'm lost in thought about clay-like soil, here is a photo of country music star LeAnn Rimes and her lawfully wedded spouse Eddie Cibrian.
Another photo of LeAnn Rimes.


And here are yet some more photos of LeAnn Rimes.



















No comments: