Thursday, May 17, 2012

MEMORIAL DAY IS ALMOST HERE

Ok, I'll be honest, I keep getting Memorial Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day and Patriot Day confused.  I don't know how that's possible, but I managed the impossible.  One of those four is coming up in a few days.  Schools and public libraries are probably going to be closed because of it.  Memorial Day,  Veterans Day and Patriot Day are used to pay respect to those who have died in battle.  Patriot Day is also used to pay respect to those who died when the World Trade Center fell into ruin on September 11, 2011.  Labor Day is used to pay respect to the common laborer.  So how can I manage to get Labor Day confused with memorial Day, Labor Day and Patriot Day.  Oh yes, we also have the Fourth of July which also pays respect to those who died in battle.  The Fourth of July is also the day the United States of America was created for the first time ever.  I'm not sure if Veterans Day got started after World War II or if Memorial Day got started after World War II.  I'll need to do more research into that.  At any rate, a major holiday is coming up.  A three day weekend will result from that major holiday.  Even if there's a major holiday this coming Friday, I'll still need to go job hunting.  Whatever the case may be, I shall also pay respect to those who died in battle fighting for the country. 



















































As I continue to type out this sentence, here are some photos of rock star Leslie Feist (She is simply known as Feist).

No comments: