Wednesday, May 30, 2012

THINGS THAT YOU READ ABOUT ON THE INTERNET

While surfing the Internet, I came upon a news story about Felix Baumgartner and his plan to skydive 120,000-foot from outer space back to solid Earth itself.  I'm having trouble just thinking about jumping out of an airplane with a parachute without freaking out.  And here we have somebody who's going to jump out of a rocket ship with an astronaut outfit and a parachute.  What would prevent Felix Baumgartner from burning up as he reenters Earth's atmosphere without a spaceship around him as protection?  Would Felix Baumgartner burning up in Earth's atmosphere as he skydives from rocket ship in outer space to solid Earth below be the equivalent of suicide?  Don't get me wrong.  I would love to travel through outer space in a spaceship.  I would love to visit other planets.  Science fiction is one of my favorite genres.  However, I would never skydive from a spaceship to show my appreciation for the genre.  Of course, there's always the chance that Felix Baumbartner will survive his 120,000-foot plummet from a spaceship to solid Earth below.  If so, more power to him.
As I proceed to thank GOD that I'm not addicted to extreme sports, here are some photos of literary author, film actress and television actress Amber Benson.






Here is a photo of film and television actress Clare Kramer and Amber Benson.

No comments: