Wednesday, June 6, 2012

MY THOUGHTS ABOUT TOWELS

Who invented the towel.  And how did anybody succeed in getting themselves dry before the towel was invented.  Did prehistoric people just climb out of the lake or river after taking a bath and just air dried themselves?  Yes, I know it's time consuming, but I can't think of no other alternative to towels beyond using leaves and praying to GOD that you didn't rube poison ive and poison oak all over yourself (Poison Ivy and poison oak make really bad chef salad items). 
When did somebody say, "Hey everybody, I invented a brand new thing.  You can use it to remove water from your body.  Let's call it a towel." 
And somebody else said, "Oh wow, that's a great invention.  It's going to sweep the globe and make you a millionaire.  Shouldn't you name the towel after yourself though so people will remember who the heck you are?"
And the First Person Said, "Heck no, I'll just call it a towel.  I have confidence that people will always remember my name and face even if I don't name my invention after myself.  I'm one of those legendary people who's name and face will live on forever."
And so the Nameless Person Who Invented the Towel was forgotten the day he/she died, but his/her invention lives on to this very day.
While I'm lost in thought about towels and it's useful contribution to everyday life, here is a photo of actress Zendaya Coleman, actress Debby Ryan and actress and rock star Bella Thorne
Here are some more photos of actress Debby Ryan.





















































No comments: