Sunday, August 12, 2012

IF I WERE IMMORTAL

Wouldn't it be great if I were immortal.  I could look through the history books and say, "I was there.  I witnessed that.  I didn't witness that.  I witnessed that.  I witnessed that.  I wasn't there."  Ah yes, the autobiography would be the most amazing autobiography ever written.  An autobiography written by an immortal would begin in 1 A.D. and keep going all the way to 2012 A.D. and discuss everything that happened in between in graphic detail.  Sadly, there are no immortals walking the Earth.  And claiming to be immortal, but having no photographic proof nor the sufficient memories is enough to be considered immortal.  And in the end, the wishful thinking of immortality isn't the same as actual immortality.  But still, wouldn't it be great to have the chance to be immortal.  Ah yes, the memories I'd have.  I could walk around claiming to be older than the universe itself.  Still, I have to live in the real world where I'm just as mortal and human as the next person I'm standing next to.  And in the real world, the wishful thinking of immortality won't be enough on it's own to get me employment.  And I still need to go job hunting in the end.  Oh well, such things happen.  And the best part of being immortal is that I won't have to go job hunting.  Immortals never have to deal with real world problems.  I guess that's why the wishful thinking of immortality is such an intoxicating idea.  It's a nice diversion from my problems---Just for a little bit.
As I'm lost in thought about immortality, here are some photos of Florence Welch the lead singer of the rock band Florence and the Machine.  The Machine part of Florence and the Machine is Isabella ‘Machine’ Summers who frequently collaborates with Florence Welch.


































































Isabella ‘Machine’ Summers





































Kimbra and Florence Welch
Isabella "The Machine" Summers and Laura Pergolizzi aka LP
Isabelle "The Machine" Summers and Juliette Lewis

No comments: