Monday, August 13, 2012

THE ART OF COOKING RICE

Was it a good idea to taste test rice to make sure it's soft enough to be eaten.  I only taste test two pieces of rice.  I mean, obviously, I won't cook like that in a restaurant kitchen.  However, I thought it was a good idea to taste test rice softness when cooking rice.  I mean, how else would I know if pasta was now sufficiently soft enough.  I know my pasta cooking skills might appear to be creepy to some people, but I always thought that taste testing only two pieces of pasta to make sure it was soft enough was appropriate.  Now I'm not so sure.  My pasta cooking talents are now in ruins.  Should I relearn to art of making pasta?  I know I'm not the best cook in the kitchen, but I'm trying to get a firm grip on how to cook pasta in a socially appropriate manner.  If taste testing pasta to make sure it's soft enough is now out as appropriate cooking, then what's the best way to cook pasta.  Someday, I'll learn the proper way to cook pasta so that nobody will be creeped out the next time I cook rice.































































As I'm lost in thought on the way to cook rice, here are some photos of Allison Moorer.  Alison Moorer is the Shelby Lynne's younger sister.

No comments: