Saturday, January 26, 2013

STICKS AND STONES MAY BREAK MY BONES, BUT NAMES WILL NEVER HURT ME

Yes Gentle Reader, I've heard the old saying sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me.  Never mind the names never hurting me part because I'm more worried about the sticks and stones breaking my bones.  Who among us humans still has other humans stoned to death (Except those in the Middle Eastern countries like Iran)?  While I'm never truly worried about the hurtfull word, I'm more worried that too many names and hurtful words that will never hurt me will gradually build in intensity until it leads to the breaking of bones with sticks and stones.  And then the names and hurtfull words will be about as hurtful as the sticks and the stones.  And in the words, hate never produces anything except being tense and being on the defensive all the time.  And in the end the true antitode to sticks, stones and hurtful names is being friends with everybody---Even to those who might make us uncomfortable because of a difference in culture, religion or opinion.
And as I'm lost in thought among the assault of sticks, stones and hurtful names, here are some photos of film and television actress Shannyn Sossamon.



















No comments: