Monday, October 7, 2013

DROWNING

It's hard to drown to death in a city that's landlocked in every conceivable direction.  I once lived in Cleveland, Ohio.  And yes, Cleveland, Ohio was next to Lake Erie.  And yes, Lake Erie was big enough to drown to death in.  But civilian use of Lake Erie tended to be minimal to the point of almost practical non-existent.  And most of the beaches were too distant to reach by bike or too badly polluted to be used without coming down with half a dozen health related illness.  And then I ended up pulling a U-turn back to the city of Columbus, Ohio.  And the only body of water to be found in Columbus, Ohio was either small reservoirs or very shallow and narrow rivers.  So to make a long explanation short, there's no way I could possibly drown to death anytime soon.  Well yeah, I could drown to death in the bathtub or in a swimming pool, but no way I could drown to death in a large body of water alongside a medium sized boat.  So I guess that's one of the advantages to living in a city that's landlocked in every possible direction.
And as I'm lost in thought about people who forgot that they know how to swim, here are some photos of  Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta aka Lady Gaga.








No comments: