Saturday, December 21, 2013

WHEN THE RAIN FALLS ON THE FIRST OFFICIAL DAY OF WINTER

And the rain fell on the first official day of Winter.  Yeah, the Gentle Reader and I expected snow to fall, but I guess that wasn't going to be the case today.  The rain is falling upon the ceiling with such fierce intensity, that I can hear it pound upon the ceiling.  I'm not sure how long the rain will fall like this, but I'm fine with the rain as long as I'm indoors.  The fish, the ducks and the plants are thankful for the rain.  However, the polar bears, the penguins and the snow people are wishing that the snow will return.  And it's four more days until Christmas.  And beyond that is New Years Day.  Ah yes, the year 2014 is almost here.  I'm ready for both Christmas and New Years Day.  I finished my Christmas shopping and I'll be needing to wrap my Christmas presents too.
And as I'm lost in thought in the rain soaked days of December, here are some photos of Elizabeth Mitchell.









 






No comments: