Thursday, March 13, 2014

WHEN NIGHT RETURNS AS THOUGHTS OF TECHNOLOGY FILLS MY HEAD

Night has returned.  Exhaustion has set in.  Soon I'll be going to bed.  But first I'm checking on my e-mail.  It's hard to believe that the World Wide Web is only twenty-five years old.  There was no such thing as twitter, facebook or e-mail twenty-six years ago.  There was such a thing as the Internet, but the world wide web wasn't part of it.  And typewriters was much slower and clumsy in comparison to word processing.  And I'm beyond thankful to the invention of word processing.  NO MORE RETYPING OR USING BOTTLES OF WHITEOUT.  Such technological improvements saves tons and tons of paper (And trees cut down to make the paper).  It's easy to take desktop computers and the world wide web for granted.  But as the moon and the stars shine above me as I type the sentence, I still remember a time when there were no such thing as desktop computers and the world wide web and I'm overflowing with gratitude for the advancement of technology.
And as I'm lost in thought while I'm lost in the Internet, here are some photos of  Benedict Cumberbatch and Alice Eve.





No comments: