Friday, June 20, 2014

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE AND WEAR A HELMET WHEN TRAVELING BY BIKE

It's Friday and it already feels like the weekend.  Yeah, I know that Friday doesn't actually qualify as being part of the weekend, but it sure feels like the weekend anyway.  At any rate, it's Summer and I just got back from going for a relaxing stroll through the neighborhood.  Normally, I'd be riding my bike instead.  However, my bike was wrecked when I was struck from behind by a pickup truck going to same direction that I was going and ended up smashing my right arm in three places requiring two metal plates and sixteen screws to hold it all together.  It only goes to show that riding my bike in the same direction as traffic doesn't guarantee safety.  It only means that I'll be struck by a car from behind instead of being struck by a car directly upfront.  The truth is that a car can strike me down at any particular direction.  Which means, there is no safety beyond praying that the car driving past you isn't self centered, egotistical jerk and actually respects the existence of both pedestrians and bike riding travelers alike.  Sorry if the previous sentence sounded rude, but being struck from behind by an automobile still kind of struck a sour note in me.
And as I'm lost in thought during the scorching hot days of Summer, here are some photos of the following celebrities.
Odeya Rush and Bella Thorne

 Maika Monroe, Will Poulter, Olivia Cooke and Ben Schwetzer

 Eve Hewson (Daughter of Paul David Hewson aka Bono, lead singer of the rock band U2) and Britt Robertson
 Zoey Deutch (Daughter of Lea Thompson)
 Eve Hewson, Britt Robertson and Zoey Deutch
 Lily James and Jack Kilmer (Son of Val Kilmer)

 Zoe Kravitz (Daughter of Lenny Kravitz and Lisa Bonet), Katie Chang, Liana Liberato and Sami Gayle

No comments: