Monday, July 21, 2014

LOOKING UP AT THE NIGHT SKY

And when I look up at the night sky, I'm struck by how small the moon and the stars appear to be.  Yet the closer you get to the moon the celestial object keeps getting bigger and bigger.  And while each star is vastly larger than the planet Earth several times over, the stars appears smaller than my fingernails when seen from where I'm sitting.  And each and every star is the same exact size up close.  How many of those stars have planets of their own in close orbit?  How many of those planets in orbit around any one of those stars have life on it?  The night sky is filled with a great deal more mystery than the Gentle Reader and I are willing to admit.  And someday, the Gentle Reader and I will get closer to solving the mystery of the night sky when it becomes possible to explore outer space with hopefully better and much more improved space travel transportation.  Ah yes, there is value to NASA after all.
And as I'm lost in thought as the moon and the stars hang above me in the night sky, here are some photos of Rachel McAdams.



































No comments: